THE LAB REPORT™
The Story Behind SKINN® Eau de Parfum
Our homage to the West Coast
RAYYAN, BEAUTY EDITOR | AUGUST 10, 2022
Capturing a moment, a feeling or the nostalgia of an ocean breeze is one of the most unique experiences that can be expressed or even shared. During Spring and Summer on the West Coast, there is a carefree, warm and accepting energy in the air. As a brand based in Los Angeles, we understand this West Coast vibe is open to all — whether you have lived in Southern California your entire life, visited for a vacation or just moved here. As we continue to evolve as a brand, we want to ensure beauty is accessible — regardless of age or gender. So, this summer, we are expressing the West Coast in us all with our namesake fragrance: SKINN® Eau de Parfum.
This unisex fragrance captures the nostalgia from that first beach-lined Pacific Coast drive, freely evoking the memories of life's most fluid moments. Inspired by the endless blue skies of Malibu, sandy surf and fresh ocean air, the top notes of Neroli, Lemon Peel and soft floral Bergamot Blossom energize and awaken the senses. As the gentle California breeze dances through the palms, the middle notes of Amber and Oud coupled with the bottom notes of Musk and Sandalwood heighten, warming the skin to release this perfectly balanced sensual scent.
Unlike other fragrances in the market, SKINN® Eau de Parfum is formulated with molecules that intensify the notes and allow this fragrance to uniquely adapt to the skin — giving you a personalized experience. Once a single spray embraces your skin, you will embark on a journey, unlocking hyperreal memories of that forgotten Summer love.
To give you a better glimpse into this experience, here is a breakdown of all the fragrance notes in the new SKINN® Eau de Parfum:
- Bergamot Blossom: Known as the prince of citrus, Bergamot is a refreshing, sweet, yet complex scent.
- Neroli: This citrusy, floral and slightly bitter aroma comes off as a clean scent — enabling that fresh, vacation feeling.
- Oud: This luxurious, woody smell is rich in nuances that range from sweet to earthy. It is also known to represent notes of leather and spices.
- Amber: Also compared to a leather scent, the distinction of Amber is its earthy and slightly smoky aroma.
- Cedarwood: This note has a soft and camphoraceous scent. Cedarwood is described as less minty than Pine but not as musky as Patchouli.
- Sandalwood: This rich smell is uniquely known for its aromatherapy properties that can relieve stress and tension.
- Musk: This note is used as a base note for its heavier woodsy and earthy scent.
@skinncosmetics Inspired by memories of that first beach-lined Pacific Coast drive, our founder Dimitri James hopes to bring out the West Coast in everyone with our new fragrance - SKINN® Eau de Parfum. 💙✨ Head to the #linkinbio to experience it yourself! #losangeles #newlaunch #fragrance #skinn #skinncosmetics #beauty ♬ Lofi Vibes - Gentle State
We are excited to share this West Coast-inspired fragrance for all and cannot wait for you to experience this adaptable scent! Let us know your thoughts on social or leave a review on your website! You can always keep in touch with us on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok! Continue to stay up to date with The Lab Report™ for more beauty trends, insights, and product launches by subscribing to our text messages and email newsletter.