THE LAB REPORT™
To Reveal or Conceal – That Is the Question!
RAYYAN, BEAUTY EDITOR | FEBRUARY 3, 2021
Our latest innovation from the Scientific Color™ Collection, the Power Perfect Foundation + Concealer, is equal parts skincare and makeup with buildable coverage – giving you the option to reveal or conceal.
Having flexibility when it comes to coverage is essential in today’s voyeuristic world, where visibility into most parts of our lives via Zoom Meetings and IG Lives leaves a need to have more control over what you choose to reveal. This can apply to your “Power Perfect Look” as well. Offering buildable coverage, depending on your application tool of choice, you can seamlessly cover skin imperfections, hyperpigmentation, and even tattoos leaving no trace with a few easy steps and the right technique. Keep reading to see just how easy it is to cover and conceal with the Scientific Color™ Power Perfect Foundation + Concealer.
This customizable multi-tasker allows you to build coverage to your liking effortlessly. Dependent on your sought-after coverage or concealing, follow along with the below step-by-step guide.
Ideal Applicator: Fingers
1. Using the doe-foot applicator, tap a small amount of foundation directly onto the targeted area(s).
2. Allow the foundation to set for about 30 seconds.
3. Using fingers gently blend the outer area or targeted foundation, smoothing into the skin while avoiding removing the foundation from the direct area.
If a second layer is needed, allow the foundation to set again for 30 seconds before blending.
Ideal Applicator: Fingers or Damp Makeup Sponge
1. Using the doe-foot applicator, gently tap a small amount of foundation onto the forehead, cheeks, and chin.
2. Starting at the center of the face using fingers or a damp makeup sponge, gently blend foundation into the skin.
3. Smooth and dab foundation until it is evenly dispersed, leaving a seamless look with undetectable coverage.
Ideal Applicator: Makeup Sponge or Scientific Color™ Foundation Brush
1. Using the doe-foot applicator, tap foundation onto the forehead, cheeks, and chin.
2. Starting at the center of the face, gently blend outward using either a makeup sponge or foundation brush until the foundation is evenly dispersed.
3. If using the foundation brush, leverage the slanted area to work product into the skin, paying close attention to the jawline and then gently moving it down the neckline to ensure seamless, undetectable coverage.
- If using a sponge, dab and push the foundation into the skin, working and blending product down the neck area.4. Although not necessary; a primer can be used beforehand. We recommend the Deep Wrinkle Protocol Perfect Skin Illuminating Primer.
Full Coverage + Concealing
Ideal Applicator: Scientific Color™ Foundation Brush
1. Using the doe-foot applicator, tap a pea-size amount of foundation onto the forehead, cheeks, and chin.
2. Take the brush and begin to blend using outward strokes until the foundation is evenly dispersed.
3. Allow the foundation to set for about 15 seconds before repeating step 1 with a smaller amount of the foundation.
4. Again, using the brush, blend foundation into the skin with outward strokes until you have achieved your targeted full coverage and conceal.
5. If using our recommended Scientific Color™ Foundation Brush, it is designed with ultra-soft bristles for ideal product pickup and control for full coverage looks. Use the slanted flat-top to blend product into the jawline, smoothing and blending down the neckline to ensure seamless, undetectable coverage without the worry of your result looking cakey or too matte. The foundation and brush combined will provide a full coverage look with a natural finish.
6. For full coverage that lasts during even the toughest days, we recommend using the Deep Wrinkle Protocol Perfect Skin Illuminating Primer.