THE LAB REPORT™
How To Pair Your Facial Oils
RAYYAN, BEAUTY EDITOR | SEPTEMBER 22, 2021
It’s no doubt our skin goes through phases and within those phases we can experience varying levels of clear, healthy skin and equally stressed irritated skin. Understanding the internal and external factors that go into these changes is key; however, sometimes we just have a bad skin day. A unique add-on that is taking the beauty industry by storm, along with our SKINN family, is the incorporation of facial oils to target specific skin concerns. Whether it’s dull skin, blemishes, or irritation, the innovation of oils is confirmed as a mainstay in many beauty and skincare routines. Identifying your skincare goals is the first step to prepping for your healthy skin journey and now that you’ve committed to incorporate oils, here’s your guide on the ideal way to pair them for your #skingoals.
Stressed Out Skin? Calm + Soothe
Our skin responds to both internal and external forms of stress. What this suggests is that if you are mentally or emotionally unbalanced, that can manifest topically on your skin through various irritations such as blemishes, breakouts, dryness, and more. Likewise, when our skin undergoes external forms of stress (think: extreme weather, excessive sun, etc.) our skin can react the same. Luckily, if you are aware of this, you can pair your concerns with applicable ingredient benefits to match your individual needs. And for stressed skin, we recommend you start with our Divine Elixir collection. Two particular formulations are perfectly formulated to help combat stressed skin.
- The Divine Elixir Firming Algae Facial Oil: Starring Arctic Winged Kelp, this bi-phase treatment is validated for its ability to help boost cellular activity, leading to significant increases in skin firmness and elasticity after just four weeks.
- The Divine Elixir Ayurvedic Blend Facial Oil: This oil’s hero ingredient is Ashwagandha, the highly revered herb from Ayurveda known for its adaptogenic and anti-aging properties that support the body’s ability to withstand stress and anxiety, combines with hero ingredient Cannabis Sativa to soothe, calm and moisturize the skin.
How to Pair:
On clean skin, start with the Firming Algae Facial Oil as the first step in your oil pairing. Shake well to activate and squeeze the dropper out twice before applying 2-3 drops. Gently press this Clean Beauty Approved formula into the face and neck. Next, continue with any treatment step + moisturizer you prefer. Finish off skincare routine and oil pairing with the Ayurvedic Blend Facial Oil. Apply 2-3 drops onto the skin (or blend with your moisturizer step). Gently press and massage into the skin. Use AM + PM.
Needs Some Extra TLC + Moisture
You know those days (or weeks) where you sense yourself not getting enough sleep and/or water, and as a result you feel constantly fatigued and in need of some tender love and care? We’ve all been there but unfortunately, our skin senses it too, and then some. Maintaining a proper sleep schedule and at least 2.7 liters of water daily is without a doubt one of the best things you can add to your self-care routine. Now add the right facial oil(s) to your routine, and voila! Your skin will receive the extra TLC it deserves and in return you will have the long sought-after glow. Here’s what you’ll need:
- The Divine Elixir Luminous Facial Oil: Fortified with Manuka Honey, this facial oil helps to improve the skin’s microbiome and barrier function while stable forms of Vitamin C visibly brighten for an overall glow.
- The Divine Elixir Ayurvedic Blend Facial Oil: The incorporation of Ashwagandha coupled with Cannabis Sativa provides the skin with an ideal level of soothing effects. This oil is also formulated with blend of Argan, Kendi, Prickly Pear, and Sunflower oils for optimal, long-lasting moisture.
How to Pair:
On clean skin, begin with the Luminous Facial Oil. Apply 2-3 drops and gently press and massage oil into the skin. Continue with any treatment step and moisturizer, if you prefer. Once moisturizer and/or treatments have fully absorbed into your skin, complete the routine by adding a final layer of the Ayurvedic Blend Facial Oil. Apply 2-3 drops to the skin (or blend with your moisturizer step). Gently press and massage this ultra-soothing formula into the skin. Use AM + PM.
Energize + Glow
Bringing your skin back to life may seem like a daunting task if you’ve been dealing with lackluster, dull, or congested skin. Similar to how we get that post-workout glow and energy, achieving that same revitalized and energized effect on our skin can be possible with the right ingredients. Fortunately, we have made it easy for you by outlining exactly what you need here:
- The Divine Elixir Firming Algae Facial Oil: This bi-phase facial oil is known for its ability to reduce the signs of inflammaging, the chronic state of irritation caused by both internal and external factors. Formulated with a colorful blend of active algae and kelp extracts, expect increased cell performance, flushing of toxins, and support to the skin’s collagen production revealing healthy, youthful-looking skin.
- The Divine Elixir Luminous Facial Oil: One of the hero ingredients, Vitamin C, is renowned for its ability to visible brighten skin, for an overall glow. Moreover, it’s also known for its antioxidant properties, helping to protect skin and restore it to a healthy state.
How to Pair:
On clean skin, start with the Firming Algae Facial Oil as the first step in your oil pairing. Shake well to activate and squeeze the dropper out twice before applying 2-3 drops, gently pressing into the face and neck. Next, continue with any treatment step + moisturizer, if you prefer. Finalize your efforts with the Luminous Facial Oil. Apply 2-3 drops (or blend with your moisturizer step) and gently press and massage oil into the skin. Use AM + PM.
Beauty Editor Hack:
Want to take your skincare routine to the next level? By incorporating all three facial oils into your skincare schedule, you can ensure both your goals and your overall skin health will be achieved. Couple the Firming Algae Facial Oil and the Luminous Facial Oil in the AM, and the Firming Algae Facial Oil and the Ayurvedic Blend Facial Oil in the PM.
To stay up to date with The Lab Report™, beauty trends, insights, and updates make sure to subscribe to our email newsletter! Keep in touch with us on Instagram @skinncosmetics and Beauty Editor, Rayyan @rayyanumrani!